I'm slightly ashamed of how long I've owned this dress without wearing it out of my house...years? I bought it when I was deep in my "cape phase" and wanted all the clothes with cape-like features. Yet, every time I tried it on the shape made me self-conscious and I wasn't certain if the brown suited my skin tone. I'm still not sure it does but the other day I decided I needed to just suck it up and wear the dress out--it was too pretty to be languishing in the back of my closet. With a suitably proper purse and dramatic pair of sunglasses I felt a bit like a socialite or starlet on vacation...even though it was just a routine day for me. I don't know if I'll wear this dress more this fall (or the next!), but I'll keep holding on to it with the hope of it getting proper wear in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top