Here's a quick throw-back to PA. These were actually taken the day of my flight to Ireland. My friend wanted a few pictures in the covered bridge and after her set was complete she snapped a few for me. It was quite odd to actually do things the day that I flew--usually the last day before a flight is spent re-packing my suitcase (I like to pack and then repack in an attempt to weed out more items the second time through), checking that all essential items are in my carry-on, sending a few last minute e-mails, and generally fussing and worrying. I travel alone enough that it's not as if I'm overwhelmed by nerves, but rather knowing that I will be alone if my flight gets delayed or canceled and potentially stuck at an unfamiliar airport by myself makes me want to be as prepared as possible. I barely had nerves this time since I was flying to see my boyfriend Thomas; I knew he would be waiting at the Dublin airport to pick me up and he'd be generous enough to buy me a new toothbrush if I forgot mine and hadn't gotten the proper currency yet! And spending the day of my flight hanging out with my good friend took most of the lingering pre-flight jitters away.
P.S. This isn't what I wore on the plane though--rather what I wore for morning errands and early afternoon hang-outs. I always wear my bulkiest shoes (boots) and coat on the plane to save room in my luggage for other pieces and my carry-on bag was a little bit bigger than this lovely red satchel.

Outfit details:
ASOS trench coat (customized)
JCrew purse 
*pictures by Kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top