I know fashion weeks around the world have been happening and debuting fresh spring looks, but this year I've mostly been focused on fall collections which showed in February but are finally becoming appropriate! One exception is Family Affairs. I'm quite sad I wasn't able to make a studio visit this September to see Nina and the pieces in person, but the collection is still a stunner and I can't resist sharing a preview here. For the lookbook Nina collaborated with photographer Amber Bryne Mahoney who took these amazing polaroids of Tara Violet Niami.
The collection is inspired by "Ti Amo" or "eating peaches in the hammock, falling in love like a teenager, huge agave plants in Elba, white heat on the autostrada, being the first person at the bakery and grandma's white sheets in the Mediterranean sun..." As always Nina's descriptions are as evocative as her pieces and although it's barely fall it has me looking forward to summer and seeing her delicate prints up close and in person!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top