I'm not a tomboy. I used to wear jeans and tee shirts quite often, but I never enjoyed the activities one usually associates with the term. I do however I enjoy aspirational images of tomboys, so my current read/browse is Tomboy Style. As much as I need to declutter my bookshelves, especially as each move becomes more and more cumbersome and each new home more and more crowded, I'm quite addicted to collecting photography based books for inspiration. Last winter it was Andy Goldsworthy's Wall and Love on the Left Bank by Ed van der Elsken. I suppose they make good coffee table books, but I hoard them in my bedroom and pull them out whenever I want something visually powerful but also tactile in my hands. I always find a lot of inspiration online, but there is something different and more powerful when you see a large frame photograph in a exhibit or hold something more personal in your hands. As much blasphemy as it is, with a book in your hands you have the ability to dogear your favorite pages and underline phrases that affect you--and there's the experience of sharing a more visually driven book with a friend, skipping through to your favorite pages and adding personal anecdotes and explanations for why it appeals to you. Anyway, I'm a book addict and I recently acquired Tomboy Style but I still have a couple of more on my Christmas wishlist (Vivian Maier: Street Photography, Louise Dalh-Wolfe: A photographer's scrapbook, Avedon Fashion, DV by Diana Vreeland…).

Outfit details:
Family Affairs blouse
ASOS sweater (similar)
J Brand jeans (old, similar)
Zara purse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top