Although Thomas and I are both regular church-goers neither of us wants a church wedding. I always envisioned myself getting married in the woods at night with twinkle lights and lanterns hanging from the tree branches above. However, the more venues we visit in Northern Ireland the less this seems like a possibility. While we've found a lot of beautiful grounds for a wedding ceremony and reception only certain areas are licensed for ceremonies. So at this point we're compromising and looking more at castle grounds and gardens for the ceremony location. The biggest concern in Ireland of course is: will it rain? Hopefully it won't!
Even while we're being flexibility with exactly where outside we want it the main points remain the same: romantic and rustic. I don't want to be in an overly manicured garden or stand with a pristine castle behind me. I love the look of natural arches made from rough-cut branches and a mix of neutral greenery. It would be nice to lead our guests to the ceremony location with a line of paper lanterns or even simple candles in a mason jar. Of course since the sun doesn't set in Northern Ireland until around 9PM in the summer, ambient light might be lost in the general brightness of the evening. Right now it's a mix of figuring out exactly what I want and what will work with my chosen destination.

*you can find sources & more inspiration on my Pinterest


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top