Stating Audrey Hepburn is a style crush is such a "duh" statement that I hesitate to make it. But I grew up on Audrey Hepburn films and was the weird girl who kept trying to share "boring" black and white films with my friends who weren't interested. I'm still surprised when I learn people haven't seen How To Steal A Million or Paris When It SizzlesAs popular and cliche as she is I refuse to pretend she isn't an inspiration for me--it shouldn't matter if a million college girls have hung her photograph in their dorm rooms. All her popularity indicates is that she had something universally appealing and I would be hard-pressed to find another more suitable icon. In addition to her unique beauty Audrey Hepburn was an impressive humanitarian who put much of her time and energy towards helping others. So please explain to me why young girls should be teased for liking this popular figure, hm? But really attempting any summary of Audrey Hepburn as inspiration falls short, instead I'll merely say I wish people would stop using her image to sell chocolate (I've been seen the commercial on television and it makes me sad every time) and share a few of my favorite photographs of her.
P.S. If you're interested in seeing more of Audrey with her pet deer (Ip!) click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top