While I'm not one for theme dressing when Thomas told me we were going to spend a day "driving up the Northern coast" I threw on my aran sweatshirt from Book of Deer. In my head, driving up the coast means driving directly along the sea and admiring lighthouses from a close proximity. The drive wasn't far off my imagination although there were more ruins and sheep than I had pictured and we stopped in a cute harbor town for pictures and a bite to eat that couldn't have been more picturesque. No lighthouses, but a suitable setting for nautical inspired sweatshirt. It's interesting too how our impressions of some things are changed by their surroundings; I hadn't thought of it before but by the water "bottled wishes" necklace reminded me of a message in a bottle. Or perhaps a bottle that once contained a message that got lost in the sea and it finally rolled onto the shore in a wave containing strange sand and other mysteries from the bottle of the ocean...if you're being imaginative. Anyway, it was an absolutely beautiful day and our brief stop cemented my desire to live near the ocean again.

Outfit details:
H&M skirt
Balielf flats
*pictures by Thomas

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top