Every vintage photography fan should be following National Geographic Found. It's a collection hosted on Tumblr featuring photography from the National Geographic archives; many of the photographs were taken for the magazine but never ended up published. National Geographic started the site in honor of the magazine's 125th anniversary. My favorites are the autochrome prints from the 1920s although it's fascinating to see the different periods and styles of photography change over time. I can actually recall the first image in this post from reading my family's vintage National Geographics--it was a performance by students from the Mississippi State College for Women and I remember reading in the caption it was the only time the girls were allowed to wear makeup. I still have a copy of that image in a notebook somewhere...  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top