Previous outfit posts: one, two, three, and four.
While I do prefer dresses over separates, sometimes separates just work better. This skirt started as a dress (as evidenced in two pictures) but I never really liked the fit in the torso so a couple of years ago I chopped and stitched it up and have been wearing it as a skirt ever since. Even with my preferences, sometimes a skirt does get worn more--and clothes can evolve with you. Being reminded of my alterations to this skirt makes me wish my sewing machine was set up permanently because there are so many minor alterations I'd like to make to even the most basic tee shirts which would lead them to getting worn more. Clothes that fit you well are always worn more than ones you're constantly adjusting or tugging into a better position.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top