I don't think style inspirations need to (or even should) be limited to fashions we personally would wear. Ulyana Sergeenko is a street fashion darling (one of the Russian Fashion Pack I can't get enough of) who recently turned her dramatic and romantic personal style into a fashion line--her vintage flair appeals to me but I rarely see her in an outfit I want to wear head-to-toe. Still I admire her beautiful looks and her ability to translate her personal style into a real and covetable fashion line that draws from the past while interpreting shapes and fabrics in a fresh way. I mean how interesting is her repeated use of a long dramatic apron as an accessory in glamorous black lace? It's such a refreshing way to see a more traditional garment. In the end that's what makes someone a style crush for me, not a desire to copy their wardrobes but an ability to be inspired by their personal style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top